In the US, the mandate to quarantine began on March 16, 2020. That shifted many businesses, including ours, at Ossia, to optimize a different way of working. It was an interesting time, as we were just coming off the commercial frenzy generated at CES 2020 and in the middle of some very large negotiations to build the Cota Real Wireless Power ecosystem.
In a way, it felt like life ground to a halt in March 2020. People dramatically shifted their daily activities and had to learn news ways of working from home, with other family members and children in the background. There have been many memes about how 2020 has been a ‘palm-to-forehead’ year as the COVID-19 pandemic persists, news media continues to share stories of civil unrest in the US, wildfires are burning in many states across the country as others are dealing with massive hurricanes. Socially, it has been challenging keeping up relations with family and friends as many are experiencing extreme video-call fatigue and just trying to keep the wheels on the bus, so-to-speak.
But, before we allow ourselves to get pulled into the haze of 2020 negativity, in looking at the last 6 months, Ossia has actually had a banner year thus far. It is remarkable to look back to see, holistically, how many news deals have been signed, how several companies have pushed forward with roadmaps including wireless power, how many players have joined the Ossia Preferred Partner Program and made strategic investments in the company. These deals not only showcase the continued momentum of the ground-breaking technology that is Cota Real Wireless Power, but give validity to what you have heard us shouting for the past few years—Cota Real Wireless Power is becoming the global standard for wireless power at a distance.
It is also important to note, that not only has Ossia seen incredible momentum over the past few months, 4 of the 6 companies announced are category leaders in their markets, representing the largest, most prestigious companies in the world. Over the past 18 months, Ossia has signed deals with eight category leaders. These companies are the #1 largest, most profitable companies in their respective industries. This validation further fuels the assertions of Ossia securing earning the category leader title for wireless power.
Let’s get a snapshot of Ossia: The Last 6 Months: 6 Major Deals
- March 11, 2020: Saint-Gobain Partners with Ossia to Bring Cota Technology to Market: Saint Gobain leads the market in building infrastructure and is the #1 largest company in this space. Saint-Gobain’s partnership with Ossia includes an investment and a joint collaboration project to bring Cota Real Wireless Power to market with Saint-Gobain’s extensive breadth of products and solutions, including industrial, building, automotive, and consumer applications. Saint-Gobain’s partnership with Ossia is consistent with its corporate strategy of open innovation and co-development. As a result of this strategy, one out of every four products sold today by Saint-Gobain did not exist five years ago.
- April 9, 2020: SAP NS2 and Ossia Announce Strategic Alliance Partnership: SAP NS2 customers can now get access to Cota-enabled wireless power technologies, provided by Ossia and its rapidly growing network of partners, to efficiently architect and support SAP’s IoT-based solutions. Leveraging Ossia’s Cota technology, customers can more broadly deploy smart devices and sensors without the traditional constraints of wires and batteries, thereby creating a more extensive network of devices for data collection, insights, and actions. The timing of the announcement of this partnership comes at a time when organizations are in dire need of critical infrastructure, technology, and innovation. As the COVID-19 crisis continues to upset the status quo, companies across sectors are looking for digital solutions that help them navigate the IoT landscape.
- June 24, 2020: Marubun Partners with Ossia to Bring Cota Real Wireless Power Technology to the Japanese Market: Marubun’s partnership with Ossia is a joint collaboration project to bring Cota Real Wireless Power to the Japanese market with Marubun’s extensive breadth customers and contacts in the Japanese technology sector. This partnership is consistent with its corporate strategy of specializing in innovation and bringing new technologies to market. Marubun will act as a sales arm for Ossia in Japan, with deep technology understanding and implementation skills to make the sales cycle more streamlined in a localize environment.
- June 30, 2020: Ossia Announces Preferred Partnership and Strategic Investment Deal with FIH Mobile- Foxconn: Foxconn is the category leader and largest #1 company in the device and manufacturing space. The partnership with Ossia includes a strategic investment in the company to bring Cota Real Wireless Power to market. Utilizing FIH’s [Foxconn’s] extensive breadth of design, manufacturing and total solution capabilities, including hardware, software, mechanical, quality validation/testing, cloud and services, FIH will bring unique value to brands looking to integrate Cota.
- July 29, 2020: Ossia to Partners with Toyoda Gosei, a Toyota Group Company: The Toyota Group is the largest company in Japan and the #1 automotive manufacturer in the world. The partnership includes an investment in Ossia, multiple commercial projects and other strategic components involving wireless power for automotive, smart cities, consumer applications, IoT, and more. ToyodaGosei has also recently invested in artificial intelligence and robotics companies.
- August 31, 2020: Ossia Announces Strategic Investment with ENEOS Holdings, Inc.: ENEOS is Japan’s largest, #1 category leader in energy and oil. The partnership with Ossia includes a strategic investment in the company to bring Cota Real Wireless Power to market. Utilizing ENEOS Group’s established consumer global brand presence in the energy field, Ossia and ENEOS HD will work together to explore wireless power opportunities in Japan and more broadly in Asia.
Wow! In the last six months widely considered to be some of the toughest months in modern era, Ossia has announced six major deals with some of the largest companies in the world. Don’t be fooled by the day-to-day challenges of WFH (work from home), or the dramatic national and international news, Ossia is driving forward with unprecedented power.
Join the Ossia ecosystem now! Let’s build life-changing technology together using Cota Real Wireless Power!